Tales and Images from my point of view, Enjoy!
( click on images to enlarge)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

St Helena to Potter Valley 4/6/12

A postfrontal day in the spring produces some of the best soaring possible. Hooked up with Reavis Sutphin-Gray, Kurt Niznik, and David The Driver. We headed for St. H. early to take advantage of it.
On launch with nice cumys already popping. Kurt went first and went straight up. Reavis got off next and did the same. I was off at 12:52 but it took me a couple tries to get to 6000' and start chasing Reavis who was over the back already. Kurt joined me

On course toward Cobb Mt. under clouds catching lift staying high. All these in air photos were shot by Reavis as I had 2 pairs of gloves on and didn't feel like fumbling with the camera.

Looking back at St. H. above the Collayomi valley where Kurt landed, and I almost did.

Me climbing up in good lift above Harbin Hot Springs on Boggs Mt.

Looking east from same location getting high, eventually to 8000'.

No comments: