Tales and Images from my point of view, Enjoy!
( click on images to enlarge)

Monday, April 23, 2012

St. Helena/Stonyford cont'd

Over Goat Mt. at 10'000 looking NE to Stonyford and East Park Res.

From the replay on my flight instrument.

Snow Mt. under cloud. Letts Lake. St. John Mt.

Went right over the top. Not any lift over snowpack. glided on to St. John

Clouds above Letts Lake
Came in on St. John 300 below the ramp thinking I might have to join the paragliders at Fouts Springs LZ. They were having a flyin and I could see many of them in the air over Potato Hill. Found lift and circled up over the top to 8000'. The day was shutting down so figured I'd go out and drop in on Mary Quiberg our gracious landowner and friend in Stonyford.  Click on (older post ) below for landing.

1 comment:

Matt Epperson said...

Nice flight Scot, you were definately out thermalling me and it sure was fun. I wish I had my camera. I was flying the sailplane with a tail of "JH" and shocked to find a hang glider over the tiger country of South Goat, wondering where you launched and were heading. Nice day in the Mendos and Yolly Bolly's. Snow Mountain was hard to find lift on, but I found it after thoroughly committing to the far West side just past the snow cap.

Nice Blog, shoot my any pictures of JH.
Thank You